Last modified: March 16, 2020
Betadia Inc. (“Betadia,” “our,” “we,” or “us”) provides messaging, Internet calling, and other services to users around the world. Please read our Terms and Conditions so you understand the use of Betadia. You agree to our Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) by installing, accessing, or using our apps, services, features, software, or website (together, “Services").No Access to Emergency Services
There are important differences between Betadia and your mobile and fixed-line telephone and SMS services. Our Services do not provide access to emergency services or emergency services providers, including the police, fire departments, or hospitals, or otherwise connect to public safety answering points. You should ensure you can contact your relevant emergency services providers through a mobile, fixed-line telephone, or other service.
If you are a Betadia user located in Malaysia, kindly note that our terms contain a binding arbitration provision, which states that, except if you opt-out and except for certain types of disputes, Betadia and you agree to resolve all disputes through binding individual arbitration, which means that you waive any right to have those disputes decided by a judge or jury and that you waive your right to participate in class actions, class arbitrations, or representative actions. Please read the “Special Arbitration Provision for Malaysia Users” below to learn more.
1) Registration - You must register for our Services using accurate data, provide your current mobile phone number, and if you change it, you have to update your mobile phone number using our in-app change number feature. You agree to receive text messages and phone calls (From us or our third-party providers) with codes to register for our Services.
2) Address Book - You provide us with the phone numbers of Betadia users and your other contacts in your mobile phone address book on a regular basis. You confirm you are authorised to provide us with such numbers to allow us to provide our Services.
3) Age - You must be at least 13 years old to use our Services (or such greater age required in your country for you to be authorised to use our Services without parental approval). In addition to being of the minimum required age to use our Services under applicable law, if you are not old enough to have authority to agree to our Terms in your country, your parent or guardian must agree to our Terms on your behalf.
4) Devices & Software - You must provide certain devices, software, and data connections to use our Services, which we otherwise do not supply. For as long as you use our Services, you consent to downloading and installing updates to our Services, including automatic updates.
5) Fees & Taxes - You are responsible for all carrier data plans and other fees and taxes associated with your use of our Services. We may charge you for our Services, including applicable taxes. We may refuse or cancel orders. We do not provide refunds for our Services, except as required by law.
1) Our Terms & Policies - You must use our Services according to our Terms and posted policies. If we disable your account for a violation of our Terms, you will not create another account without our permission.
2) Legal & Acceptable Use - You must access and use our Services only for legal, authorised, and acceptable purposes. You will not use (or assist others in using) our Services in ways that:
(a) Violate, misappropriate, or infringe the rights of Betadia, our users, or others, including privacy, publicity, intellectual property, or other proprietary rights;
(b) Are illegal, obscene, defamatory, threatening, intimidating, harassing, hateful, racially, or ethnically offensive, or instigate, or encourage conduct that would be illegal, or otherwise inappropriate, including promoting violent crimes;
(c) Involve publishing falsehoods, misrepresentations, or misleading statements;
(d) Impersonate someone;
(e) Involve sending illegal or impermissible communications such as bulk messaging, auto-messaging, auto-dialling;
(f) Involve any non-personal use of our Services unless otherwise authorised by us.
3) Harm to Betadia or Our Users - You must not (Or assist others to) access, use, copy, adapt, modify, prepare, distribute, licence, sublicence, transfer, display derivative works, and perform, or otherwise exploit our Services in impermissible or unauthorised manners, or ways that burden, impair, or harm us, our Services, systems, our users, or others, including those that you must not directly communicate with or through automated means:
(a) Reverse engineer, alter, modify, create derivative works from, decompile, or extract code from our Services;
(b) Send, store, or transmit viruses or other harmful computer code through or onto our Services;
(c) Gain or attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Services or systems;
(d) Interfere with or disrupt the integrity or performance of our Services;
(e) Create accounts for our Services through unauthorised or automated means;
(f) Collect the information of or about our users in any impermissible or unauthorised manner;
(g) Sell, resell, rent, or charge for our Services;
(h) Distribute or make our Services available over a network where they could be used by multiple devices at the same time.
4) Keeping Your Account Secure - You are responsible for keeping your device and your Betadia account safe and secure, and you must notify us promptly of any unauthorised use or security breach of your account or our Services.
Our Services may allow you to access, use, or interact with third-party websites, apps, content, and other products and services. For example, you may choose to use third-party data backup services (Such as iCloud or Google Drive) that are integrated with our Services or interact with a Share button on a third party’s website that enables you to send information to your Betadia contacts. Please note that when you use third-party services, their terms and privacy policies will govern your use of those services.
1) Your Rights - Betadia does not claim ownership of the information that you submit for your Betadia account or through our Services. You must have the necessary rights to such information that you submit for your Betadia account or through our Services and the right to grant the rights and licences in our Terms.
2) Betadia’s Rights - We own all copyrights, trademarks, domains, logos, trade secrets, patents, and other intellectual property rights associated with our Services. You may not use our copyrights, trademarks, domains, logos, patents, and other intellectual property rights.
4) Betadia’s licence to You - We grant you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, and non-transferable licence to use our Services, subject to and in accordance with our Terms. This licence is for the sole purpose of enabling you to use our Services, in the manner permitted by our Terms. No licences or rights are granted to you by implication or otherwise, except for the licences and rights expressly granted to you.
5) Reporting third-party copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property infringement - Betadia may terminate your Betadia account if you repeatedly infringe the intellectual property rights of others.
You use our services at your own risk and are subject to the following disclaimers. We are providing our services on an “as is” basis without any express or implied warranties, including, but not limited to, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, non-infringement, and freedom from computer virus or other harmful code.
We do not warrant that any information provided by us is accurate, complete, or useful, that our services will be operational, error-free, secure, or safe, or that our services will function without disruptions, delays, or imperfections.
We do not control, and are not responsible for, controlling how or when our users use our services or the features, services, and interfaces our services provide. We are not responsible for and are not obligated to control the actions or information (including content) of our users or other third parties.
You release us, our subsidiaries, affiliates, and our and their directors, officers, employees, partners, and agents (“Betadia Parties”) from any claim, complaint, cause of action, controversy, or dispute (“Claim”) and damages, known and unknown, relating to, arising out of, or in any way connected with any such claim you have against any third parties.
You waive any rights you may have under Malaysia Civil Law, or any other similar applicable statute or law of any other jurisdiction, which says that: a general release does not extend to claims that the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favour at the time of executing the release, which is known by he or she must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor.
Betadia Parties will not be liable to you for any lost profits or consequential, special, punitive, indirect, or incidental damages relating to, arising out of, or in any way in connection with our terms, us, or our services, even if the Betadia Parties have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Our aggregate liability relating to, arising out of, or in any way in connection with our terms, us, or our services will not exceed the greater of one hundred dollars ($100) or the amount you have paid us in the past twelve months.
The foregoing disclaimer of certain damages and limitation of liability will apply to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. The laws of some states or jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion or limitation of certain damages, so some or all of the exclusions and limitations set forth above may not apply to you. Notwithstanding anything contrary to our terms, in such cases, the liability of the Betadia Parties will be limited to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Betadia Parties from and against all liabilities, damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) relating to, arising out of, or in any way in connection with any of the following:
(a) Your access to or use of our Services, including information provided in connection therewith;
(b) Your breach or alleged breach of our Terms;
(c) Any misrepresentation made by you. You will cooperate as fully as required by us in the defence or settlement of any Claim.
1) Forum & Venue - If you are a Betadia user located in the United States or Canada, the “Special Arbitration Provision for the United States or Canada Users” section below applies to you. Please also read that section carefully and completely. If you are not subject to the “Malaysia Arbitration Act” section below, you agree that you and Betadia will resolve any Claim relating to, arising out of, or in any way in connection with our Terms, us, or our Services (“Dispute” / “Disputes”), and you agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts to litigate all such Disputes. Without prejudice to the foregoing, you agree that, in our sole discretion, we may elect to resolve any Dispute we have with you in any competent court in the country in which you reside that has jurisdiction over the Dispute.
2) Governing Law - The laws of Malaysia govern our Terms, as well as any Disputes, whether in court or arbitration, which might arise between Betadia and you, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
1) Availability of Our Services - Our Services may be interrupted, including for maintenance, repairs, upgrades, or network or equipment failures. We may discontinue some or all of our Services, including certain features and the support for certain devices and platforms, at any time. Events beyond our control may affect our Services, such as events in nature and other force majeure events.
2) Termination - We may modify, suspend, or terminate your access to or use of our Services anytime for any reason, such as if you violate the letter or spirit of our Terms or create harm, risk, or possible legal exposure for us, our users, or others. The following provisions will survive any termination of your relationship with Betadia: “licences”, “Disclaimers”, “Limitation of Liability”, “Indemnification”, “Dispute Resolution”, “Availability & Termination of Our Services”, “Other” and “Special Arbitration Provision for Malaysia Users”.